[Users] terminal resizing

Gregor Mosheh gregor at hostgis.com
Tue Jan 8 12:13:47 EST 2008

Hey, all. I have a recurring issue, and finally thought to ask about it.

I use PuTTY to login to my HN. I then use vzctl enter to enter a VPS.
As long as I am in the VPS, I cannot resize my putty window and have the
VPS's terminal follow it. e.g. if I make the window taller while running
top, top will not extend to fill the space below; if I'm using vi, vi
will think that the terminal is the old size and I get weird effects
trying to edit anything.

Any thoughts on why this happens, or how I can work around it? I've
tried experimenting with stty and the TERM variable, but so far nothing
helps.

--
Gregor Mosheh / Greg Allensworth
System Administrator, HostGIS cartographic development & hosting services

  only if you can restore." - AMANDA