[Users] TCP packets lost?

Marcin Owsiany marcin at owsiany.pl
Mon Jan 7 04:05:25 EST 2008

On Mon, Jan 07, 2008 at 07:55:43AM +0000, Max Deineko wrote:
> My first guess would have been that when the server is busy serving an
> expensive request, the tcp rcv buffer would get full and packets would
> get dropped.  But wouldn't tcpdump not be able to see them then?
>
> Any help would be highly appreciated,

http://forum.openvz.org/index.php?t=msg&goto=21592

My theory is that when the (receive buffer size / current connections)
is too small for the window size, then kernel gets itself into a state
where it's impossible to recover a connection.

--
Marcin Owsiany <marcin at owsiany.pl>              http://marcin.owsiany.pl/
GnuPG: 1024D/60F41216  FE67 DA2D 0ACA FC5E 3F75  D6F6 3A0D 8AA0 60F4 1216

"Every program in development at MIT expands until it can read mail."
                                                              -- Unknown