[Users] Debian openvz kernel package security update policy ?

Benoit Branciard Benoit.Branciard at univ-paris1.fr
Wed Feb 27 09:03:44 EST 2008

We are using openVZ on Debian Etch, and are going to start some
virtalized production servers.

We are using precompiled 2.6.18 openVZ kernel packages, either from
download.openvz.org/debian or debian.systs.org repositories, currently:

linux-image-2.6.18-fza-028stab051.1-686 (from debian.systs.org)
linux-image-2.6.18-openvz-18-51.3d2-686 (from openvz.org)

Question is: how are these packages security-maintained ? Are all
security-related Debian updates backported to them ?

If not, what is the recommended way to maintain a production kernel ?
getting the latest Debian Etch source, applying an openVZ patch (which
?) and manually compile ?

By the way, what is the naming scheme for these packages ? The version
suffix appears quite unclear, so identifying the latest version is quite
difficult. The most effective solution appears to manually read the
modification time of the files on the repository, which is not very
convenient.

--
Ce message a ete verifie par MailScanner
suspect n'a ete trouve.