[Users] Networking questions

Shawn Ning zxning at hotmail.com
Fri Feb 15 10:23:00 EST 2008

Hi, Everyone
Being new to openvz, I have a couple of questions
I would like to use veth instead of vnet on my ubuntu 7.10
1. Do I still need to load vznetdev module? It is loaded by default, I tried to change the /etc/init.d/vz and load vzethdev only, later on, vzlist gave me an error "can not open /proc/xxxxxx"
2. If I have to load vznetdev, can I remark the few lines in start_net function in /etc/init.d/vz? This will not create the default venet0 network interface. It seems working fine for me, but I would like some confirm.

3. I have made a customized script to create a bridge device and setup all the network staff after a VE start. It is working fine. Is there a similar thing that can clean up the scene (delete the bridge, flush iptables and other staff) after vzctl stop the VE.
In case you ask, I am running this in my laptop, so I prefer clean up the scene to make it run faster

Thanks in advanceShawn