[Users] fake swap != 0 in VE? (solved)

Dariush Pietrzak ml-openvz-eyck at ddiary.eu
Wed Feb 13 08:13:15 EST 2008

On Wed, 13 Feb 2008, Thomas Sattler wrote:

> >Why not
> >mount --bind fakememinfo /proc/meminfo
> >inside the VE? Would be easiest, but the
> >contents will not match real meminfo
> >because they do not get updated.
>
> I didn't expect this to work ...
> ... But it does. :-)
>
> I attached a little script to be run as root
> inside a VE to fake swap. 512MB are default,
> you can change it on the commandline:

 Hmm, I find it strange that such hacks are needed, especially when openvz
already does do some kind of virtualization of /proc/meminfo (if I'm
interpreting this correctly, it sets max-mem from userbeancounters barrier
on VE start, but subsequent online changes are ignored)
--
Key fingerprint = 40D0 9FFB 9939 7320 8294  05E0 BCC7 02C4 75CC 50D9
 Total Existance Failure