[Users] Re: mtu on venet interface?

Aleksandar Ivanisevic aleksandar at ivanisevic.de
Tue Dec 30 09:44:21 EST 2008

Stanichenko Marat
<mstanichenko at openvz.org> writes:

> Aleksandar Ivanisevic wrote on 29.12.2008 17:07:

[...]

>> Reboot is a restart of the VE, either by issuing "reboot" in the VE,
>> or vzctl stop/start/restart from the host.
>>

> Why don't you use
> "ip link set venet0 mtu 1496" command in one of the startup scripts?

Thats what im doing now (not quite but basically), I thought there
might be a more elegant way, it can't be that noone never needed to
set the MTU on an interface before.

standard redhat way is to set MTU=1496 in
/etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-xxx, but openvz changes those
files on every startup, not exactly sure how.

--
To sto si frustriran, zavidan tko zna na cemu i sto ne vidis dalje od
svoje guzice je tuzno. Da onda barem imas toliko samokontrole da