[Users] no such file or directory

Alexander Prinsier openvz at aphexer.mailhaven.com
Thu Dec 4 09:01:50 EST 2008

Papp Tamas wrote:
> Vasily Averin wrote:
>> btw
>> you can mount container by 'vzctl mount 100' command,
>> then you can make chroot /vz/root/100
>> and then start strace
>>

> Is it a big mistake to chroot only to /vz/private/100 without vzctl mount?

I'm not 100% sure, but I think the quota calculations will be wrong when
you do this (quota uses the root directory, not the private one). If
you're not using quota, no problem. There must be some way to
re-initialize the quota if you did this though.

There might be other problems that I'm not aware of here :)

Alexander