[Users] AMD X2 issue - 2.6.24-openvz

Pongracz Istvan pongracz.istvan at gmail.com
Tue Dec 2 14:16:31 EST 2008

Dear All,

I use the 2.6.24-openvz kernel on my amd x2 machine and I found a
strange thing.

I started only one VM and after some time (about one day), I found that,
htop reported strange value for one core: nan%

After I created >40 ubuntu minimal and some debian 4 templates and I
found this value on other debian VEs too. Ubuntu minimal has no htop in
its repository, but I assume, these also has this strange thing.

Anyway, when I restarted the first VM, htop reports normal values and
nan% does not appear for some minutes, but after I got back this.
The VE does not slowed down, so, I have no idea, what could cause this
behaviour.
On my 2.6.18.x openvz kernel I have no this kind of issue.

My question does anybody know this kind of feature?
Is there any reason to get this?

I googled this issue, but I did not find any useful information.

And I also know, 2.6.24 is not stable.

Any hints are welcome.

Regards,
István