[Users] openvz IO bench

Zhaohui Wang zwange at gmu.edu
Sun Aug 31 06:31:09 EDT 2008

Hi all

Have you ever tried benchmark the IO overhead in openvz? I did 2 set of test, one is 20 times wget a 7.4 file from a remote websever in a network link without interference of other links; the other is cp the 7.4g file for 10 times. The wget test showed 4% IO overhead in openvz 2.6.24 kernel comparing to vanilla,while the cp test showed a  -7% overhead.

How come cp operation is more faster in openvz kernel than vanilla kernel?Any expert can offer a explaination?

Many thanks.

Best Regards
Zhaohui Wang