[Users] ovzkernel-xen ?

Josip Rodin joy at entuzijast.net
Fri Aug 22 19:15:20 EDT 2008

On Fri, Aug 22, 2008 at 04:22:01PM -0600, Gregor Mosheh wrote:
> My question is why you'd want to use both. What particular need or
> deployment scenario would require Xen and OpenVZ together?

Well, that's... a bit unimaginative :| Here's a quick example: you have one
big machine but more than one group of users. You really want to keep the
users separate, yet don't really care what they do once they're on their
own. So you give each group a Xen child, under which they run as many OpenVZ
children as they like.

--
     2. That which causes joy or happiness.