[Users] Device or resource busy on /vz/private/$VPSID

Frederik Himpe fhimpe at telenet.be
Tue Sep 25 04:53:56 EDT 2007

I tried destroying a virtual machine with the command openvz destroy. At
the end, it complained that it failed to move /vz/private/100 because it
was busy. I tried rmdir on the empty directory, but it fails with the
same message. However, lsof /vz/private/100 does not show any process
using this directory.

I am using a self compiled 2.6.18-8.1.8.el5-028stab039.1 kernel on Debian
Etch. The file system being used on /vz is XFS.

--
Frederik Himpe