[Users] forcibly purging quota?

Gregor Mosheh gregor at hostgis.com
Tue Sep 18 05:24:49 EDT 2007

Kirill Korotaev wrote:
> Can you please explain a bit how your quotas get wrong?
> Do you have some test case to reproduce the problem and demonstrate it?

Well, now that you ask... I do not believe this to be a bug in vzquota.
Many of our VPSs were P2V conversions, and I suspect that that's how the
quotas started off badly. I SFTP'd the fles from their server on the HN,
but didn't flush the quotas at the time.

But, I am curious whether 'drop -f' and 'on -f' have any potential for
mischief if used on a running VE. It would be nice to get the quotas
updated without booting our customers.

--
Gregor Mosheh / Greg Allensworth
System Administrator, HostGIS cartographic development & hosting services

  only if you can restore." - AMANDA