[Users] forcibly purging quota?

Gregor Mosheh gregor at hostgis.com
Tue Sep 18 05:01:36 EDT 2007

Hey, guys.
Thanks again for OpenVZ, and for the expert assistance. :)

I have 15 VEs,and the quota is totally wrong on all of them. I have used
the trick of "vzctl stop;vzquota drop;vzctl start" in order to restart a
VE and have the quota properly updated.

But... I would like to avoid shutting down our customers' VPSs.

Question: How safe is "vzquota drop -f"? Could I use it to forcibly and
safely have the quota refreshed, without shutting down each VE? What
risks (if any) are involved?
    vzquota drop 1 -f
    vzquota on 1 -f

--
Gregor Mosheh / Greg Allensworth
System Administrator, HostGIS cartographic development & hosting services

  only if you can restore." - AMANDA