[Users] Migration error: VPS config file does not exist

Ian jonhson jonhson.ian at gmail.com
Tue Oct 30 02:02:31 EDT 2007

Hi,

I met a problem when I migrated a VE client from one host to another.
The two hosts are installed Debian 4 and OpenVZ. In one of the host, I
have installed successfully the VE client.
Then, I copied the directories and files in /vz/private/ to another
host. For example, I tared all
the file in /vz/private/101/ of host 1.

# tar cf 101.tgz  101
# ls 101.tgz
101.tgz

Copy the tgz file to another host,

# cd /vz/private/
# tar xzvf 101.tgz

Then I created a directory with the same name in /vz/root/

# cd /vz/root/
# mkdir 101

Ok, all are ready and I started the VE with the id, 101:

# vzctl start 101
VPS config file does not exist

I don't what is wrong with it. Maybe some configuration files are not
ready for this migration.
Could anybody give me some advices?

Thanks in advance.

Ian