[Users] 2.6.22.ovz00x spec file

Jean-Marc Pigeon jmp at safe.ca
Thu Oct 11 18:12:00 EDT 2007

Bonjour a tous,

On Thu, 2007-10-11 at 17:34 -0400, Michael H. Warfield wrote:
> Hello,
>

> On Thu, 2007-10-11 at 14:15 -0400, Jean-Marc Pigeon wrote:
> > Bonjour a Tous,
> >

> > 	2.6.22 kernel based src.rpm file DO NOT generate
> > 	package "devel" when an RPMBUILD is done.
>
> > 	RHEL5 openvz kernel spec file does it.
>
> 	I mentioned this in another message a while back and never got a reply
> to that particular E-Mail.
>
> > 	Generating the devel package is mandatory to have
> > 	some other application (ie: nvidia drivers) to
> > 	be installed on the openvz kernel.
>
> 	Have you actually tried it?  I was able to build the madwifi drivers
> with what's in the kernel install.  OTOH, the fglrx driver (ATI) failed
> for some obscure reason (implicit declaration of some function or
> another).

		Yes, I was able to generate
	nvidia-kmod-100.14.19-1.2.6.22_ovz003.1.src.rpm.

	My concerne is now netfilter capability (Very mandatory
	for a kernel used by a server). My understanding
	it is fixed within ovz004. is it?

> > 	I have tuned the 2.6.22 kernel.ovz.spec to
> > 	generate devel package, but it may still need fine
> > 	tuning before (if) included in current openvz distribution.
>
> > 	What is the "openvz devel team" position about
> > 	having the spec file to generate kernel devel package?
>
> 	I'm not on the devel team but I've been interacting with some of them
> on some of these issues and other configuration issues.  You probably
> should post this to the devel list, instead of the user list, and you
> should file a bugzilla request, in buzilla.openvz.org, to cover it as
> well.  Attach your tweaked .spec file to the bugzilla report to them.

	Ok, I'll do it, spec file is not perfect yet (/boot/config file
	is not 'packaged' within the Kernel.X86.rpm), but
	it is generating kernel devel and binary packages.

> 	Mike
A bientôt
Jean-Marc Pigeon                                   Internet: jmp at safe.ca
SAFE Inc.                                          Phone: (514) 493-4280
                                                   Fax:   (514) 493-1946
        Clement, 'a kiss solution' to get rid of SPAM (at last)
           Clement' Home base <"http://www.clement.safe.ca">