[Users] loop device and filesystems in VEs

YAEGASHI Takeshi t at keshi.org
Mon Nov 19 04:26:37 EST 2007

Hi there,

I'm working on my own distro development in VEs and I need loop
devices (/dev/loop*) to build CD/HDD images.
So far I've found I could do losetup dev in VE by setting --devices b:7:all:rw.
However, /proc/filesystems in VE had much fewer entries than in VE0
and I couldn't mount any filesystems that are not in there.

% cat /proc/filesystems
        ext3
nodev   proc
nodev   sysfs
nodev   tmpfs
nodev   devpts

I want to mkfs and mount iso9660/msdos in VE.
How can I add them in /proc/filesystems in VE?
I'm using the precompiled kernel deb 2.6.18-openvz-13-39.1d2-686 from
http://download.openvz.org/debian/.

Regards,