[Users] Problems with plesk + openvz

Joan aseques at gmail.com
Fri Nov 16 05:38:43 EST 2007

> 2007/11/10, Joan <aseques at gmail.com>:
> experiecing
> > >
> > > Limit MaxClients, MinSpareServers, MaxSpareServers and most
> importantly
> > > MaxRequestsPerChild. This way PHP will not have much time to leak too
> > > much memory, which should keep the usage down a bit.
> > >
> > I tunned the following Timeout, MaxKeepAliveRequests, KeepAliveTimeout.
> > And also the ones that you've told, specially  MaxClients and
> > MaxRequestsPerChild wich seem to be the most important ones.
> >
> > Will see how it goes for the next days!
> Too bad, nothing changes, memory keeps increasing everytime until
> everything crashes silently, thanks to the alarms everytime it happens
> I can reboot the services, but it's not normal...
> Tomorrow I'l compare the parameters (ps, lsof, netsat) in the critical
> moments with the ones in normal time  and see.

Ok, finally got time to check

After some time of restarting the whole VeID lsof brings me some
information:
lsof | wc -l   -> Has a value of 8560
In the moment where it has almost no memory:
wc -l lsof_with_problems  -> The value is 30006

Analyzing the file a bit further I can see that out of 30006 open files, the
owner of 28266 is apache2

I would guess that somehow apache is not closing the files, either for
memory problems with openvz, or maybe because the non-threading
configuration that can slowdown the apache process.
Any clue?

Shall I go to ask to apache mailing list? Or could it somehow be related to
openVZ?

Cheers