[Users] reset user_beancounters?

Gregor Mosheh gregor at hostgis.com
Mon Nov 12 10:45:34 EST 2007

Actually, I am curious about why resetting the UBCs is "an incorrect
thing to do" The reason given is that apps may be reading them and may
not be programmed to handle the number suddenly decreasing.

So... What programs are these that are reading the UBCs? I haven't
written any. and if I did I think it'd be great if the stats could be
zeroed. Is the wiki page referring to some actually existing software
which reads these stats which would be broken by a reset?

I am confused as to why it would be "incorrect" to zero the stats, and
why such concern is made for programs which don't exist or which we're
not using.

--
Gregor Mosheh / Greg Allensworth
System Administrator, HostGIS cartographic development & hosting services

  only if you can restore." - AMANDA