[Users] fork: Cannot allocate memory on CPanel system

Markus Hardiyanto informatics2k1 at yahoo.com
Mon May 14 22:04:08 EDT 2007

Hi,

I'm running CentOS 4.4 and CPanel on VE. I'm experiencing a lot of "fork: Cannot allocate memory" error message.
I saw on /proc/user_beancounters that I hit the privvmpages limit. but i already set it quite big: 512M:768M why I'm still get "fork: Cannot allocate memory" ?

#free -m
Mem:          1002        943         59          0        132        382
-/+ buffers/cache:        428        574
Swap:         2047          0       2047

the swap is even not being used.

how to fix this? it's only 1 VE on the hardware node.

other question: how to configure the VE so its using:
512MB RAM burstable to 758MB
maximum 1024MB of SWAP

thank you

Best Regards,