[Users] VEs and rebooting

Gregor Mosheh gregor at hostgis.com
Wed May 9 05:23:43 EDT 2007

Vasily Tarasov wrote:
> For example the root of VE performed `reboot` command inside VE. VE will
> stop, but somebody from outer world should start it again. vpsreboot is
> this somebody, who starts VE if it was rebooted. ;)

Ahhh, okay. Running "init 6" in a VE stops the VE's processes and shuts it
down, but has no mechanism of restarting it. Then a few minutes later
vpsreboot boots it back up, simulating the rebooting part of a reboot. Of
course!

Thanks for the explanation; it makes sense now that I have the missing
piece filled in. :)

I'll make a note of this for the template caches I'm creating.