[Users] Switch to new red hat 5 kernel

Paul Lee admin at weycrest.com
Thu Mar 15 08:14:27 EDT 2007

Kirill Korotaev wrote:
> Martin,
>
> I guess Xen?
>
> Thanks,
> Kirill
>
>> Hi Kirill,
>>
>> sorry for the off-topic but as I seen the news post from Redhat they
>> offer virtualization with RHEL5, GUI for management and other nice
>> features. Do you have any idea what virtualization product they use for
>> this purpose?
>>
>> Regards,
>> Martin

Yes, RHEL5 would support Xen "para virtualised guests OS's." It would be
interesting to see if the Xen GUI tools become available in CentOS.

RH are recommending a minimum "physical memory" per active guest of 512MB.

I've always found the OS Virtualisation/shared kernel of
Virtuozzo/OpenVZ more suitable for hosting and there is more control
over resources.

--
Best Regards

Paul Lee