[Users] Switch to new red hat 5 kernel

Andrew Cranson (Transnexis) cranky at transnexis.com
Wed Mar 14 19:13:38 EDT 2007

You should be able to install it on the same server. You can install it with
"yum install ovzkernel" or download ovzkernel* and rpm -ivh it.

Ensure you use "yum install" or "rpm -ivh" so you install the new kernel in
addition to the existing kernel, rather than upgrading it, then if you can't
boot the new kernel you can fall back to the previous kernel. If you upgrade
instead you will most likely find your old kernels are messed up and won't boot.

You should check http://wiki.openvz.org/Kernel_flavors to ensure you're booting
the most suitable kernel. This page also reiterates the need to install, not
upgrade.

Regards,

Andrew Cranson
Layershift Limited

US-Hosted: http://us.layershift.com
UK-Hosted: http://uk.layershift.com

ICQ: 161813538
AIM: cransona

 >>> Virtuozzo Virtual Private Servers now available from $12.95/mo! US or UK
based. Ask me for details. <<<