[Users] 2 interfaces on VE, each using a separate routes

Julian Yap julian_yap at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 14 06:29:56 EDT 2007

Hi people.

Firstly, thanks for OpenVZ.  I really appreciate the hard work put
into the community aspects.  Very impressed to see how far OpenVZ has
come since it's launch.

I have a VE that I've added 2 IP's to.  Both on different networks.
This was by using the default --ipadd option of vzctl.
eg.
10.0.0.9
192.168.1.9

On the Host I have set up Source based routing according to the
example on the page:
http://gflug.net/~mdmartz/index.php/Linux:Network:DualNetRouteHack
eg.
eth0 - 10.0.0.5 - Default route --> 10.0.0.1
eth1 - 192.168.1.5 - Default route --> 191.168.1.1

On the Host, I am able to ping both default routes.  On the VE, I can
only ping the first default gateway, 10.0.0.1.  I'm unable to ping
192.168.1.1.

Is it possible to have 2 interfaces on a VE, each using a separate
route?  Feel free to just outline the general concept of what I have
to do :).  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Julian