[Users] veth and checkpoint and restore

Nils Domrose nils at domrose.net
Tue Mar 13 11:58:13 EDT 2007

Hi,

I have a Problem that I cannot restore a VE (and also not migrate)

ovz2:/etc/vz/conf# vzctl --verbose  restore 151 --dumpfile /var/tmp/
dump.151
Restoring VE ...
Starting VE ...
VE is mounted
         undump...
Setting CPU units: 112005
Configure veth devices: veth151.0
Adding interface veth151.0 and route 10.215.127.151 for VE151 to VE0
Error: undump failed: Invalid argument
Restoring failed:
add ifaddr err -22 for 5 eth0
rst_restore_net: -22
VE start failed
Stopping VE ...
VE was stopped
VE is unmounted

vzctl start/stop works nicely in combination with the vznet.conf script.

If i run strace the last scripts (vznet.conf) and if for testing - I
create a 151.start script return exit 0. Never the less the restore
fails and I have no more clue why.
It looks like some script or program is still trying to restore the
networking for vnet interfaces - I have no IP_ADDRESS set in my
151.conf.  Since I only use veth devices.

Nils