[Users] Creating more permanent veth`s

Macka Radek macka at cncz.cz
Thu Jun 21 10:23:21 EDT 2007

Hi Gregor,

> The vznetaddroute script checks the VE's conf file for the NETIF line,
> which should be very similar to this except for the MACS:

NETIF="ifname=eth0,mac=00:18:51:D2:F4:A5,host_ifname=veth12.0,host_mac=0
0:
> 18:51:1F:70:28"

Thanks - it gives me a sense, I did not find NETIF syntax in vzctl man
so it was little bit confusing for me.

> The VZHOSTIF is the device name given as host_ifname in that string,
> see? In this case, veth12.0 Personally, I've found it a very handy
> practice to always keep the ifname the same as the VEID, e.g. veth1.0
> for VE 1, veth72.0 for VE 72, and so on. But that's up to you.

Great, now I am sure what kind of interface it is. After few hours of
testing I am little bit confused resoluting between VE0, VHOST, VE, VPS
etc. :-)

Many thanks for making me clear, I think in debian it will be the
same...I hope it`ll work.

Bye