[Users] rhel 3 and other 2.4 kernel based distros

Bailey, Darragh dbailey at hp.com
Tue Jun 12 11:28:03 EDT 2007

I see that virtuozzo lists rhel3 as a supported guest. I'm wondering if
openvz has the same capabilities to support the various guests that
virtuozzo can?

It's not particularly clear from the openvz website if 2.4 kernel based
guests are expected to work with openvz. Since openvz is a basis for
virtuozzo, and virtuozzo can handle 2.4 kernel based guests, it looks as
though it should work. However I dislike running on assumptions when
asking a question might save me several hours of wasted effort :)

--
Regards,
Darragh Bailey

Systems Software Engineer
Hewlett Packard Galway Ltd.
+353 91 75-4674

Postal Address:    Hewlett Packard Galway Limited, Ballybrit Business
Park, Galway
Registered Office: Hewlett Packard Galway Limited, 63-74 Sir John
Rogerson's Quay Dublin 2
Registered Number: 361933

The contents of this message and any attachments to it are confidential
and may be legally privileged. If you have received this message in
error you should delete it from your system immediately and advise the
sender.
To any recipient of this message within HP, unless otherwise stated you
should consider this message and attachments as "HP CONFIDENTIAL".