[Users] Changing files during migration

Jun OKAJIMA okajima at digitalinfra.co.jp
Fri Jun 1 09:23:14 EDT 2007

>> If I change/modifi/delete opened files during migration,
>> what happens?
>>
>> For example....
>>
>> 1. I run a mail daemon ( like qmail or sendmail) in a VE.
>> 2. Freeze the VE and create a suspend image.
>>    In this moment, the daemon opens /var/spool/mail/* files.
>
>how can daemon open the file if it is frozen (and the whole VE as well)?

Wait, wait. sorry, not opens, but opened.

[HostOS]# vzctl 101 start
[HostOS]# vzctl 101 enter
[VE101]# /etc/init.d/sendmail start
.... sendmail opens /var/spool/mail/* in this moment.
[VE101]# exit
[HostOS]# vzctl 101 save
[HostOS]# rm -rf /var/lib/vz/root/101/var/spool/mail
[HostOS]# vzctl 101 restore

---> Then, what happens?

                    --- Okajima, Jun. Tokyo, Japan.