[Users] Changing files during migration

Jun OKAJIMA okajima at digitalinfra.co.jp
Fri Jun 1 08:47:58 EDT 2007

Hello.

If I change/modifi/delete opened files during migration,
what happens?

For example....

1. I run a mail daemon ( like qmail or sendmail) in a VE.
2. Freeze the VE and create a suspend image.
   In this moment, the daemon opens /var/spool/mail/* files.
3. Delete(or modify) /var/spool/mail/* stuff.
   Opened files are deleted(modified) during migration!!!.
4. Restore the suspend image.

What happens?
It resumes or not?
Maybe whole OS (host OS) hangs?
Just the daemon gets "File read error" or something after resumed?
Or you can not resume the suspend image anymore?

This is an interesting trial, but a bit fear to do it on the real server...

                 --- Okajima, Jun. Tokyo, Japan.