[Users] Scripting ve creation

Steve Hodges shodges at iinet.net.au
Fri Jul 27 08:03:16 EDT 2007

I'm trying to script the creation of a number of VEs.  The template is a
minimal Debian Etch.

part of what I'm trying to do is thinks like:

vzctl exec 110 apt-get install exim4

exim is one of those packages that wants to run dpkg-configure as part
of the install (actually I think it's dpkg-preconfigure, but it's the
same sort of thing)

When it gets to that stage it complains that it "can't re-open stdin"
and generally fails to complete the install.

Is there any way of executing a whole series of commands like this
without having to run them all manually.  Some things have to be done
from outside the VE too, so just running a script in the VE is
problematic :-(

Steve