[Users] Starting Asterisk PBX: Unable to set high priority

Kirill Korotaev dev at sw.ru
Mon Jul 23 04:00:56 EDT 2007

Jim,

I guess because it tried to change scheduling policy to something like SCHED_FIFO
or SCHED_RR, which are real-time priorities and can't be set w/o CAP_SYS_ADMIN capability.

Nothing bad should happen if you don't run other CPU hungry services in this VE.
Also, you can grant CAP_SYS_ADMIN to VE with vzctl, but this is highly insecure
and not recommended.

Thanks,
Kirill