[Users] OpenVz + DRBD

Jorge Cabello jorge at aspl.es
Fri Jul 20 08:23:49 EDT 2007

Hi,

Im trying to use DRBD inside an OpenVz Virtual Node but I can't access
the kernel module from inside the node.

I tried to follow wiki howto (HA cluster with DRBD and Heartbeat) but
when I start drbd inside the node I get the next error:

stone101# /etc/init.d/drbd start
Starting DRBD resources:    No response from the DRBD driver! Is the
module loaded?
[ d0 No response from the DRBD driver! Is the module loaded?
State change failed: (0)unknown error.

cmd /sbin/drbdsetup /dev/drbd0 disk /dev/sda7 /dev/sda7 flexible
--set-defaults --create-device --on-io-error=detach  failed!

The kernel module is installed in the kernel as lsmod shows (result at
the end of the email). Im using a kernel 2.6.20 with OpenVz patch:
patch-ovz007.1-combined.gz

Im probably missing something, as I'm just starting to use these tools,
but I can't find what it is.

Does someone know what it could be?

Thanks
Jorge

These are the results of some commands:
Inside Hardware Node
-----------------------
stone# lsmod
Module                  Size  Used by
drbd                  194372  0
simfs                   5348  1
vzdquota               40148  1 [permanent]
firmware_class          9984  0
vznetdev               16960  3
vzethdev               11656  0
vzmon                  33032  3 vznetdev,vzethdev
vzdev                   3588  6 vzdquota,vznetdev,vzethdev,vzmon

Inside Virtual Node
------------
stone101# lsmod
Module                  Size  Used by

stone101# cat /proc/drbd
version: 8.0.0 (api:86/proto:86)
SVN Revision: 2713 build by root at dhcp0-176.sw.ru, 2007-03-05 16:06:51
 0: cs:Unconfigured

DRBD Tools were compiled from source code. First entry of ChangeLog
file:
8.0.0 (api:86/proto:86)
--------
 * No effecitve changes to rc2.