[Users] Hardware reboot and database connection problems

Paul Stuffins paul.stuffins at dephenom.net
Fri Jan 26 11:36:55 EST 2007

  Hi Guys,

I have a serious problem occurring on my VPS when there is a hardware
reboot (as opposed to individual VPS reboot).

My java application runs under Tomcat and connects to MySQL.

I have installed MySQL 5 and use this. Both tomcat and mysql are
installed under /usr/local/

When the hardware reboots, there are connectivity issues with my
database, the application seems unable to connect to MySQL under certain
circumstances, however the background thread that runs in my app CAN
connect, which leads to database synchronisation issues.

As a result I have to login via SSH and reboot the VE once the node has
booted.

What could be the root cause of this and what can be done to help.

Many Thanks
Paul