[Users] VE fails to stop

Cliff Wells cliff at develix.com
Thu Dec 13 18:23:33 EST 2007

On Thu, 2007-12-13 at 19:02 +0300, Kir Kolyshkin wrote:
> OK, here's what I found concerning ubuntu-7.10 VE vs. OpenVZ.

Seems to work fine.  Minor nit would be the unknown group 11.  I did a
'find -gid 11' and it turned up a bunch of /dev/fd* stuff with that GID,
but chowning them to root didn't get rid of the message.

Networking now seems to work fine.

I was a bit curious about the results of 'mount':

vps1 ~ # vzctl enter 108
entered into VE 108
id: cannot find name for group ID 11
root at vz108:/# mount
simfs on / type simfs (rw,noatime)
proc on /proc type proc (rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec)
sysfs on /sys type sysfs (rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec)
tmpfs on /var/run type tmpfs (rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec)
tmpfs on /var/lock type tmpfs (rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec)
tmpfs on /dev/shm type tmpfs (rw)
devpts on /dev/pts type devpts (rw)
tmpfs on /var/run type tmpfs (rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec)
tmpfs on /var/lock type tmpfs (rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec)
root at vz108:/#

It looks as if perhaps the tmpfs's are being mounted twice now?

Overall this is much better than it was before.

Regards,
Cliff