[Users] strange problem with nagios nrpe server

Kirill Korotaev dev at sw.ru
Wed Dec 12 03:59:23 EST 2007

Just for the history/other users the resolution of the problem Steve had:

OpenVZ was installed on XFS, while Xen used ext3 file system.
XFS doesn't support filetype feature (d_type field returned by readdir()/getdents64()),
so d_type is always reported as DT_UNKNOWN.

nrpe application from Debian Sarge repository has a bug
(fixed in Etch?), so it didn't handle files with unknown types and thus
didn't saw config files.

Steve switched to ext3 file system and the problem has gone.

Thanks,
Kirill