[Users] VE fails to stop

Kir Kolyshkin kir at openvz.org
Tue Dec 11 11:35:23 EST 2007

This is probably a problem with VE start, not stop. VE started badly and
can not stop.

This is known issue (a bad interaction of Ubuntu's upstart (init
replacement) and vzctl) which is fixed in upcoming vzctl release, see
http://bugzilla.openvz.org/662

Now you have three options:
1. Wait for next vzctl release (should happen real soon now).
2. Replace upstart with init (sysvinit) inside a VE
3. Rebuild vzctl either from GIT or just adding the patch from git
linked from bug #622.