[Users] Suggestion for VZDUMP

Jim Archer jim at archer.net
Thu Dec 6 15:00:16 EST 2007

Hi Dietmar and all...

I have another suggestion for VZDUMP, if you don't mind.  Like most people,
I have been using it for backup of VPSs.  I have a number of VPSs that
generate a large number of files that don't need to be backed up.  One VPS,
for example, itself backs up databases by dumping their files.  Another
generates zone files periodically, and so on.

Dumping these VPSs takes a lot of time and disk space.  The reason I dump
them is for their configuration, not for their data.

If it was possible to exclude certain files, either by location of by a
name spec, or both, from the dump, that would be fantastic.

Just a thought, thank you for your hard work and contributions!

Jim