[Users] I need info

Gregor Mosheh gregor at hostgis.com
Sun Dec 2 12:28:37 EST 2007

> I want implement server virtualization but i need to know the hardware
> requirements to install OpenVZ.
> Hard Disc space, RAM memory, processor speed, etc. so all Operating
> Systems installed run properly.

I don't think that there are hard requirements. I successfully tested
OpenVZ with several VPSs on a system with 1 GB of RAM and a 160 GB hard
drive.

The short version:

a) If your hardware is compatible with the kernel (think Fedora or
RedHat) then it's compatible with the OpenVZ kernel. The performance is
not surprising at all: DDR2 RAM is faster than DDR, a Athlon X2 4000+ is
faster than a Pentium-4, RAID rocks, and so on.

b) Just plan for capacity, and remember that too much is always better
than not enough. An extra GB of RAM, enough disk for the host OS plus
some to spare, and you'll be A-OK.

--
Gregor Mosheh / Greg Allensworth
System Administrator, HostGIS cartographic development & hosting services

  only if you can restore." - AMANDA