[Users] Checkpointing failed - SYSV IPC,

Dariush Pietrzak ml-openvz-eyck at kuszelas.com
Fri Aug 24 03:17:04 EDT 2007

Hello,
 I'm trying to test checkpointing, but this stopped me in my tracks:

"Can not suspend VPS: Device or resource busy
SYSV msgqueues are not supported, found 2
Checkpointing failed"

 I tried to look through mailing lists for info on checkpointing, but
all I found is conversations that goes like this
"
 (a) - yeah, openvz is ok, live migration doesn't work though.
 (b) - you're lying, it works for me
 (c) - live migration never worked for me either
 (b) - what are you talking about, I'm migrating things left and right like
 all the time
"

 wiki says things like "That feature makes possible scenarios such as
upgrading your server without any need to reboot it", and it is all very
heartwarming, but I can't seem to find list of pre-requisits for
checkpointing to work... any pointers?

 Are there any plans for migrating non-tcp ipc?

Without SYSV dreams of non-vmware live migration quickly fade away, most
webservers, databases, every non-trivial app that you would like to run
inside VE would make the VE non-migratable, if I understand this correctly

--
Key fingerprint = 40D0 9FFB 9939 7320 8294  05E0 BCC7 02C4 75CC 50D9
 Total Existance Failure