[Users] creating partition for VE and networking

Daniel Pittman daniel at rimspace.net
Sat Apr 21 04:16:17 EDT 2007

Markus Hardiyanto <informatics2k1 at yahoo.com> writes:

> the ability to make a vps can access devices on the HN seems can
> answer my requirement.

I really don't think your requirement is a good idea.  Can you explain
why you want to do things that way?

> but to make it more complex, i want to use LVM for the partitioning.

That isn't any more complex: Linux treats LVM block devices in the same
fashion it treats any other block device, permissions included.

> is there any example on how to give a VE access to LVM partition?

 vzctl set <veid> --devnodes 'mapper/mydevice:rw'

Again, though, I don't think you want to go down this path.

Why do you want to do things this way?  There might be a better solution
to your problem.

Regards,
        Daniel
--
Digital Infrastructure Solutions -- making IT simple, stable and secure
Phone: 0401 155 707        email: contact at digital-infrastructure.com.au
                 http://digital-infrastructure.com.au/