[Users] creating partition for VE and networking

Markus Hardiyanto informatics2k1 at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 20 05:14:44 EDT 2007

Hello,

I'm new in openvz. yesterday I'm succeeded installing openvz on centos 4.4 and can make openvz run. my question is how to make partition inside the VE? when i execute this commands:

# vzctl enter 101
# entered into VE 101
# df -h
simfs                 1.0G   95M  930M  10% /

you see there is only one partition /, how can i make /boot, /, /home, /tmp partition separately inside the VE?

next question is how to make the VE accessible from the internet? while i already supply a public IP for the VE:
# vzctl set 101 --ipadd xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx --save

but when i try to ping it from my laptop, it can't be reached. i do can ping the physical node. what should i configure?
i saw in the wiki about creating NAT, but that is for private IP while in my case i want to use public IP for my VEs. please advise.

thanks

Best Regards,
Markus