[Users] OpenVZ and the Ubuntu Upstart init daemon

Daniel Pittman daniel at rimspace.net
Sat Apr 7 03:46:52 EDT 2007

G'day.  I have been playing with the 'upstart' daemon that replaces the
traditional /sbin/init process in Ubuntu Edgy and Feisty.

I didn't have a huge degree of luck with this -- once I allocated a tty
for the console I ended up with the system failing during the bootstrap
process.

Before investing more time in this I was wondering if anyone else had
been working on getting upstart to cooperate in the OpenVZ boot process?

Regards,
        Daniel
--
Digital Infrastructure Solutions -- making IT simple, stable and secure
Phone: 0401 155 707        email: contact at digital-infrastructure.com.au
                 http://digital-infrastructure.com.au/