[Users] vzquota: Device or resource busy

Al Sparks data345 at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 5 15:38:30 EDT 2007

I actually don't know how quotas got turned on, but one of my VE's has
reached it.

I've been going through
   man vzquota
and it's not the most instinctive of docs.

Is there some documentation that includes examples of vzquota usage?

Also, I tried turning quotas off for that VEID, and here's what I got:

   $ sudo vzquota off 11 -f
   vzquota : (error) Quota off syscall for id 11: Device or resource busy

I have tried stopping the VE and starting it again, I tried offing the
quota when the VE was stopped (vzquota doesn't like working on stopped
VE's).  No joy.

I deleted some files in that VE, so I have some running room, but it
would be nice if I could double the quota.

   === Al