[Users] (was reboot) Framebuffer Device Support in ovzkernel's

Thorsten Schifferdecker ts at systs.org
Thu Oct 19 06:05:52 EDT 2006

Hi,

Soldatov Dmitry schrieb:
> i'm trying to use ovzkernel-2.6.8-022stab078.21.src.rpm and
> ovzkernel-smp-2.6.8-022stab078.21.x86_64.rpm, but they going to some
> Frame Buffer video mode and simply reboots just after the GRUB
> invocation... I tryed to invoke with "vga=ask", but it don't helps.
> all Mandriva & Redora works good.
> can anybody say, what's going on?
>
> sorry for my english

The ovz-kernel haven't enabled the Framebuffer DEVICE in their
kernel-config ...

Show Framebuffer (CONFIG_FB) in the kernel-config of Mandriva and Fedora :

# grep CONFIG_FB <kernel_config_of_mandriva_or_fedora>

and enable it , like "make menuconfig" , in your ovzkernel-config and
reBuild your kernel!

Regards,
Thorsten