[Users] Re: template Gentoo, Init

Kristian Marcroft KriS at kwm-web.info
Sat Oct 7 17:46:44 EDT 2006

Hi Tonko,

I'd guess this comes from your HSP (Strato).
Reason is probably quite simple if you knew how VZ/OpenVZ works.

If I am not mistaking (O)VZ takes the "OSTEMPLATE" Parameter from
your VE.conf which is located on the Node which is most probably filled
with something like "Debian/20061010"

Now upon boot of your VE certain scripts are started to set your
hostname and network config. If the given files are not available
Strato might shutdown your server.

Hope it helps :)

Regards,
Kristian Marcroft