[Users] Re: openvz with VIA C3 processor

vass vtaras at sw.ru
Wed May 31 03:11:07 EDT 2006

OpenVZ actually works on this processor type, but there is a problem with templates. I've connected recently with Jan Den Ouden, who has tried to get openVZ work on VIA C3:

Quote:
> "It turns out that a lot of distributions, during install, will try to install a i686 package for some packages (libc for example) if they detect an i686 processor. So if I create an image on a i686 processor, I can't transfer it to a virtual environment on a C3 processor."

VIA C3 isn't pure i686 processor. AFAIK it's i386. And openVZ templates are created on base of distribution, which relies on i686 platform. So, unfortunaly, precreated templates will not work. =(

However you can create your own template, or just copy your node inside VPS.

Good luck!