[Users] Re: can access vps from server not from network

abhishek jain mail at ejain.com
Tue May 16 22:02:58 EDT 2006

Hi,
Just to add to that,
I get the following error while i type /etc/init.d/network restart
 [root at server ~]# /etc/init.d/network restart
 Shutting down interface venet0: [ OK ]
 Shutting down loopback interface: [ OK ]
 Setting network parameters: net.ipv4.ip_forward = 0
 error: unknown error 1 setting key 'net.ipv4.conf.default.rp_filter'
 error: unknown error 1 setting key
 'net.ipv4.conf.default.accept_source_route'
 error: unknown error 1 setting key 'kernel.sysrq'
 error: unknown error 1 setting key 'kernel.core_uses_pid'
 [FAILED]
 Bringing up loopback interface: [ OK ]
 Bringing up interface venet0: [ OK ]

 This Failed line appears.
Can anyone suggest that why does the VPS fails to do network restart.
Thanks,
Abhishek jain