[Users] How venetxx are created?

Kirill Korotaev dev at sw.ru
Fri Jun 23 05:28:13 EDT 2006

venet is the default network device. it's not bridge and vlan, it is
more like a ppp connection between VPS and host system. It does packet
switching based on IP header.

venet is created automatically on VPS start. vzctl scripts setup
appropriate IP and settings on venet inside VPS. if you set VPSIP.conf
variable OSTEMPLATE=debian-3.1 it will automatically work correct with
you debian VPS.

To add/del IP address use
# vzctl set <VPSID> --ipadd|ipdel <IP>
command.