[Users] Networking Question

Greg Felter thatis at absolutelycrap.com
Wed Jan 25 14:06:45 EST 2006

I am having a problem with the networking on my Gentoo VPS. I figure I better
start at the beginning and make sure I have the OVZ host "hardware node" set
up the preferred way. I checked the user guide briefly last night and did not
find an answer to my question. If i have a server with 10 external IP's do
those 10 IP's have to be listed in
/etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth0-range0? Currently I DO NOT have the
IP's homed to the hardware node. I let "vzctl add 101 --ipaddr xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
--save" add them for me to the guest. Just as an experiment I added a script
ifcfg-venet0-range0 to add the IP's to the hardware node but the script was
rewritten on startup of the network so I guess that is not the answer. There
is no sense getting into the specifics of my issue with networking until I
confirm the correct way to set up the hardware note to begin with. So..

Do I need to home the external IP's in the hardware node under ifcfg-eth0 ??