[Users] Ubuntu Template /dev Problems

Kirill Korotaev dev at sw.ru
Fri Jan 6 13:34:22 EST 2006

Yes, the output of `mount` inside VPS shows that you have /dev mounted
on tmpfs. This is why you loose your entries on VPS stop (tmpfs is
similar to RAM disk).

You need to tune initscripts in your Gentoo template or directly in VPS
you created.
you can run:
grep -r tmpfs /etc
to find out where /dev is mounted.

If you wish I can help you directly if you send me host system
credentials in private(!) email.

Kirill