[Users] Re: The problem of iptables on FC4

Kir Kolyshkin kir at openvz.org
Mon Feb 20 02:59:02 EST 2006

Kirill Korotaev wrote:

>> I wrote modprobe to /etc/init.d/iptables file and reboot.
>> but, not accept.
>
> probably it is executed too late. And ip_conntrack module is loaded
> somewhere else, maybe indirectly via loading some other
> conntrack-dependant module.

Let me give you my $0.02 :)

To provide any parameter on module loading, the best place would be
/etc/modprobe.conf file. In our case, to enable connection tracking for
the host system, add the following line to /etc/modprobe.conf:

options ip_conntrack ip_conntrack_enable_ve0=1

After that, you need to reload the module, i.e.
modprobe -r ip_conntract
(check that module was really unloaded: /sbin/lsmod | grep conntr)
modprobe ip_conntrack